Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Calling His name

  So I was out in the garden today weeding, which is a little crazy because it is 100 degrees outside, and I heard my kids yelling for me.  I was a bit annoyed.  It wasn't a "someone is in danger" cry or a "I need you right now" cry just a "I want mom and don't want to lok for her" cry.  So, I went inside.  Two were upset at the third that the third wasn't doing his fair share of work.  I remedied the situation and went back to my weeding, fuming that I was 'summoned' for not a great reason in my book.
  And then I thought about how they know that if they call I will come.  And it wasn't a bad thing.  They have the assurance that their Mom loves them and is there for them, even for the little things.  And I prayed that someday they would know what a privalage that is.  To have someone in your life you can depend on. 
  After opening communication with God He took me further in to the thoughts I had.  Hopefuly one day they will depend on God the same way they depend on me.  To know that He is there whenever they call.  And Him even more than me!  I could be too far to hear or to busy to answer, but NOT God!  Hopeing that they would learn this of God made think I need to learn this of God.  How often is the first person I cry out to Not God, but a friend or my husband.  It is good to go tho others for advice and comort, but He should be first.
  I pray that we would learn to call His name first and that we would know without a shadow of a doubt that he will come to us, just like I attend to my kids needs.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really good lesson to learn but still hard. Thanks for sharing Jenni, keep blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is right on Jenni! Truth!! love it, can't wait to read more. =)

    ReplyDelete