Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The one with the power

   I have a very cool Sister-in-law and for my sons birthday she gave each of the kids a remote control car!  They loved it!  Especially the fact that they all got presents even though it wasn't all of their birthdays. So, the last few days have been full of cars racing around our home, tears when one breaks and fighting over the ones left.  Well, the little one finally got a chance to control both of the remaining cars at the same time and was having a blast.  He put them head to head and asked me which one I thought would win the fight.  Well, I could see that only one was turned on and he only had one controller, so I said, the one with the power.  God struck me as those words came out of my mouth that the only ones who win in life are the ones with the power, His power.  Wow!  A second later Caleb was trying to switch which one would win and grabbed a new controller.  The problem was it was the wrong controller for the car that was turned on.  Even if we have the power to win our battles with Satan, which we all do as children of God, we cannot win if we are not listening to the right Controller.  So, I will challenge any who read this to make sure you are connected to your power source, the Holy Spirit, and make sure you're listening to the right Controller, God the Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment