Friday, June 14, 2013

Fire

  You know, I have always heard about how we are like a fire and it is better to be in community as believers so you don't fizzle out, but yesterday a new fire analogy came to me.
  The kids and I were at my mother-in-laws house and were enjoying a campfire.  The kids were being very good with the fire and were throwing just about everything in that they were allowed to.  After a while they got in to throwing dead grass and pine needles in.  After a whoosh of flame from some dead grass I asked Josh which he would rather be in his Christian walk: grass that burns quick and hot but than dies quickly away, or coals which burn good, long and strong?
  Than I realized I needed to ask myself the same thing.  Do I jump up and burn bold and strong for a minute only to fizzle and be used up like grass on a fire?  Or, do I keep the embers glowing so that when the wind of the Spirit blows I am able to light others for Him. 
  Which are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment